One thing I like very much about Estee Lauder is the fact they have chosen several spokesmodels in recent years from different ethnicities. Liu Wen, the Chinese supermodel, has gorgeous eyes and fierce cheekbones. On top of that, she just seems like a genuine person!
Estee Lauder interviewed Liu Wen for the holiday. Care to find out what skincare products the supermodel can’t live without during the winter months, her holiday party look, and Christmas shopping destinations?
1. What are your three must-have products during the winter months?
Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum, Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Creme, and Pure Color Lipstick in Forbidden Apple.
2. What is your favorite overall holiday fashion look?
My primary color scheme is red…and I especially love a red knit hat! Because Christmas is during the colder months, staying warm is very important.
3. What is your favorite holiday party look?
Red lips or red nail polish.
4. Do you have a favorite Christmas carol?
My favorite is also a classic, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” There are also some Christmas songs by Chinese singers that I love listening to, such as “Everyday is Christmas.”
5. Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?
Since I usually spend Christmas in China, and since the holiday isn’t as influential there, they just show a lot of children’s films. Every year I watch the new Christmas movies, but I also love re-watching the older favorites, such as The Grinch or Love Actually.
6. What are your favorite places to shop for holiday gifts?
Because of my job as a model, I travel to many different cities so every year I buy a lot of different gifts from all over for my loved ones. I’m not too used to shopping online yet because I do prefer seeing things and buying them in person. Bergdorf Goodman, the shops in SoHo, and F.A.O. Schwartz are some of my favorite spots in New York!
7. What is your favorite shade from Estée Lauder’s new Red Haute Pure Color Nail Collection?
I can’t really choose! I love Beautiful Liar. I also love Chaos, Smashed, Bete Noire, and Caviar the most from the Blacks and Glitters collection.
8.What must-have items do you have in your purse when going to a holiday party?
My wallet, cell phone, and red lipstick.
9. What is your favorite holiday treat?
All kinds of candy!
10. What is your favorite holiday decoration?
I think my favorite decoration is the Christmas tree itself, especially if the tree is well-decorated.
11. What puts you in a festive mood?
When I’m gathered with my family and great friends.
12. Would you choose a white, snowy holiday or a tropical destination?
I would choose a snowy spot, because I grew up in the south of China and rarely saw snow. When I was younger, I always wanted to go to places where there was snow.
13. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer or The Grinch?
I like them both, because they’re both cultural icons of the Christmas holiday!
14. Hot chocolate or apple cider?
Hot chocolate, because only during the holiday season can I completely forget about my day job and eat or drink things I usually try to avoid, hahaha.
15. Gingerbread men or candy canes?
Candy canes, because in my childhood memories every time I saw a picture of Santa Claus, there would be a candy cane in the same picture. They left a heavy impression on me!
Too ridiculously pretty, right? I want her smile and cheekbones!
Who is your favorite supermodel? What is your favorite holiday party look?
Sunny, your beauty culture translator xx