One of the things I enjoy the most here in Belgium is sitting on the terrace when it’s nice and warm, and I think most people share this passion. Read about my terrace time essentials in this week’s #5forFriday!
1. *Logitech Keys-to-Go: I find it hard to just sit on the terrace without doing anything, so my iPad goes wherever I go. As wonderful as it is, if I’m thinking about replying to comments and so on, I prefer to do so on a keyboard. The new Logitech Keys-to-Go is a wireless keyboard that comes in some fun summer colors (there is another shade that matches Chanel Mediterranée Le Vernis). It’s paper-thin and lightweight, so it is ultra portable. It is very discreet because it produces NO noise as you type, plus the “FabricSkin” keeps it clean and spill-proof. Moreover, since it is wireless, you can place it anywhere and type in whatever position you find comfortable! I did have to get used to typing on a smaller keyboard (mostly because my hands are proportionally quite big and my fingers rather long), but once I got past the learning curve, I’ve been unstoppable!
2. *Sunglasses: I have always loved obnoxiously big sunglasses that cover half of my face, because for some reason they feel like an invisibility cloak. Sunylasses Shop was kind enough to send over a pair of Dior Volute 2 that is exactly my kind of sunglasses. Here is a photo on my Instagram if you are interested in seeing how they look on my face.
3. Sprays: I wouldn’t call myself a believer of sprays or toners in general, but when it is so warm, any temporary relief is much welcome. Here you see *Melvita Damask Rose Floral Water and *L’Occitane Revitalizing Fresh Scalp Tonic. Literally each and every brand has a facial mist/spray you can buy at all different price points, so mist on!
4. Sunscreen: I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir here, but don’t forget your sunscreen even if you are sitting in the shade! I’ve been testing some new ones out this season and you will read more about them soon, but from left to right you see *Uriage Bariésun Mist Medium Protection, *Guerlain Terracotta Sun Sun Moisturizer Tan Booster, *Darphin Soleil Plaisir, *Clarins UV Plus Day Screen Multi-Protection, and *Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster.
5. Light, light fragrance: In a way, I am less picky about fragrances in summer. As long as it’s light and fresh, I’d probably wear it. Some of the new ones I’ve been getting to know this season include *Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri, *Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Teazzurra, *Annayake Happiness (a male version is also available), and *L’Occitane Iris Bleu & Iris Blanc.
How about you? Do you like sitting on the terrace? I never saw the point until I came over to Belgium, because the sun was literally EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME in Taipei. Here it is a true luxury that you have to enjoy to the max while you can!