Summertime… and the livin’ is easy. Ain’t nobody got the time to blend 5 eyeshadows into seamless perfection when the sun is shining and there are a million fun things to do! This week’s #5forFriday features 5 swipe, blend, and go eyeshadow formulas that will create effortlessly beautiful and long-lasting eye looks that everybody wants in summer!
1. Chanel Illusion d’Ombre: These bouncy mousses are one of the best ways of enjoying the effect of shimmer/micro-glitter without the drawback of annoying fallout. The texture is lightweight, easy to blend, and it lasts all day! Actually, all 5 formulas here last all day for me (on top of a primer, which I always use. If your eyes are less oily, you might not even need one). Like I said, who wants to spend that much time patching up the makeup when they can be sitting on a terrace/having a drink with friends/dangling their feet in the pool?
Oh, if I can recommend one shade for summer, it’d be Mirage!
2. Tom Ford Cream Color (limited edition): I finally caved in and tried the Tom Ford formula recently. Believe the hype people, because it’s real! This summer, Tom Ford launched 4 Cream and Powder Eye Colors. I have reviewed Naked Bronze and Midnight Sea, and I am massively impressed by both. The price tag probably isn’t the most lovable thing about these, but I don’t think anyone could be disappointed by the incredibly pigmented, buttery smooth, and virtually indestructible formula!
3. Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow (limited edition): Available for the second time around, Chanel Stylo Eyeshadows glide onto the skin with ease while providing a soothing cooling sensation. Remember to keep these far and away from your waterline and you are gold! I have tested out Caroube and Campanule from this year’s batch, and both shades wear just as well as I remember!
4. Giorgio Armani Eye Tint: Giorgio Armani’s recent 12-shade liquid eyeshadow release is a hit in my book. I initially purchased Green Iron, and I liked it enough to go back for Senso (review coming soon). Simply pick up some product from the applicator with your pinky, apply, build up if necessary, and you are done! I personally like these mid-toned shades because I can wear them as a wash, add a little matte shade in the crease, and call it a day. However, there are also light as well as intense shades if they are more your jam!
5. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick: Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks are my one true love when it comes to eyeshadow sticks. I have collected a bunch so far because that’s how much I like them. The great thing about these is they work just as easily on their own as they are together. You can apply and layer all you want. It will always work!
From left to right you see the more summer-appropriate shades in my stash, including Sandglow, Rosegold, Amethyst, Copper, and Cocoa. Cocoa works great in the outer corners for some extra definition. It is even more pigmented than the rest, so dab a little on, blend, and see if you need more!
Honorary mention goes to By Terry Bronze Moon Ombre Blackstar. I love this shade to bits, but it remains the only Ombre Blackstar I have tried. Therefore, I hesitate to call it a formula I recommend in general.
How about you? How do you streamline your eye makeup for summer?