One of the first fragrances I ever purchased for myself was Caudalie Fleur de Vigne (the first they ever made). I still get a kick out of sniffing it when I see a tester somewhere, and it is a great choice for those who want a scent that will never ever smell overpowering. Things got better in my book this year with their new launch, *Rose de Vigne. How does Caudalie interpret one of my favorite flowers? Let’s find out!
PS: I know it’s a peony instead of a rose in the photo, but that’s what I picked up over the weekend.
Caudalie Rose de Vigne Eau Fraîche (50 ml/1,7 oz. RRP in Belgium: 26,40 euros) is housed in a pink flacon with the brand’s signature ingredient, grapes, etched on the back.
In terms of the scent, Caudalie Rose de Vigne Eau Fraîche is a fresh fruity musky floral with notes such as grapefruit, rhubarb, lily-of-the-valley, rose, magnolia, white musk, and ambery woods. I can’t really pick out lily-of-the-valley, but rose and magnolia are rather prominent. Grapefruit and rhubarb make the scent juicier, sweeter, but also refreshingly sour. It dries down to a musky-woody combination that wears very close to the skin.
Since it is an “eau fraîche,” the sillage and lasting power of Caudalie Rose de Vigne are closer to that of a cologne. Even on the warmest day, you can spritz this on liberally without ever going overboard. It lasts for several hours, but it’s definitely something you need to reapply if you want it to wear all day.
While we’re at it, from now till the end of August, you can get a free bag if you purchase two Caudalie products (there are three different bags to choose from). If you need some inspiration, here are my favorite Caudalie products for summer…
1. Caudalie Grape Water: I have to issue a formal apology for toners/sprays. I used to think they don’t do much besides offering a refreshing sensation. While that might hold true, I couldn’t live without a bottle of this (kept in the fridge) during the heat wave. After making sure it’s not scented, Dr. D also got hooked on it!
2. Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum (I have used up countless bottles of this brightening serum).
3. Caudalie Divine Oil (one of the best multi-purpose oils on the market. To start with, it’s actually an oil instead of silicone).
4. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (another staple I keep going back to. The frothy texture is lighter than air).
5. Caudalie Instant Detox Mask (I like how much it can do in 5 minutes).
What are your must-haves in the heat? I sense a new #5forFriday theme in the making!
PS: I can’t seem to access any Blogspot/Blogger site for the moment. I hope it’s a temporary glitch that will be fixed soon! If I haven’t got around to catching up with my blog reading, that’s probably why.